This role requires proper protocols to be implemented by creating and repeating many learning opportunities, called trials, and documenting the child’s progress and responses. You may be under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst or Behavior Consultant (BCBA/BC), prompting and positive reinforcement is used to help the individuals we work with to develop and build upon skills that will help them to be as independent as possible doing things throughout their lives.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols as outlined in clients individualized treatment plan built by BCBA/BC.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the clients individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following established procedures.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by BCBA/BC.
- Utilize safe and appropriate procedures when working with clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Assist BCBA/BC in preparation of client materials, behavior reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.
- Administering medications
- Participating in counseling sessions and meetings
- Answering questions from patients and their family members
- Helping patients with everyday activities
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Must be willing to participate in the company’s background check process.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and in some cases, proof of driver’s license and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification along with a TB test if you had not had one in the past year.
- Must be able to physically perform this job, including getting down on the floor and standing up many times, lifting up to 50lbs, and the ability to run/move quickly if required to do so for the interaction with and safety and protection of the children with whom you work.