REGISTERED NURSE POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of patient care services through coordination, implementation, and supervision of the patients. The Registered Nurse follows the POC and supervises the staff delivering care. The Registered Nurse participates in quality improvement activities within the Agency promoting overall compliance with State and Federal guidelines and professional standards of practice.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with public health, home health care, or hospital background.
- Must be licensed RN with the state of Georgia. Aspiring RNs may earn a diploma, an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Must have at least one year of clinical experience.
- Must own transportation and flexibility to work different hours and locations
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner easily understood by most people.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patient’s place of residence.
- Must be able to stoop and bend; must be able to lift and transfer patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to members of the patient care team through case management of patient home health episode of health care.
- Case management of patient services including:
- Intake and coordination of a referral form an acceptable referral source.
- Initial in-home evaluations and/or assessment.
- Establish the patient’s individualized treatment and client record baseline.
- Collaborate with other agency staff: and contract services to coordinate and implement the POC.
- Supervises the implementation of the POC and the quality of care delivered to the patient.
- Provides in-home supervision of Home Health Aide Services at least every 14 days for patients receiving aide services and documents the visit in the client record.
- Provides supervision of LPN’s assigned to patient caseload, through directing the implementation and evaluating the effectiveness of the nursing care and patient’s plan of care.
- Provides client and staff supervision 24 hours a day when assigned on-call.
- Collaborating with leadership/management team and office staff to facilitate timely office processing of paperwork and personnel information.
- Actively participates in agency quality improvement activities.
- Promotes the Agency and services to the public, participates in physician and community education related to services provided by the agency as registered
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains responsibility to develop professional self attend seminars, and identify self-learning needs, collaborates with agency leaders in meeting learning needs.